Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Testing...testing...is this thing on

Ok, so I did start out this blog with a warning...I believe it was something about how I'm not the most reliable blogger. So, I guess it was a self-fulfilling prophecy because I haven't posted anything since before Colten was born last September (sheesh). Well, I don't guess there's any rules about this anyway, so I won't apologize. And I won't play the catch-up game except to tell you that since the last time I posted, my life has changed profoundly. All of you parents out there in blogger land will recognize this as becoming a first-time parent....mommy, to be exact. So, other than that, I guess I'll just talk about whatever suits my fancy.

Here's my favorite subject right now...my baby has three teeth...and counting. It's not so fun for him (translation-not fun for me either) because, of course, it hurts. It's funny, because I've spent 8 months knowing that he'd soon get that first tooth and it seemed exciting but not that big of a deal for me. But when I reached in and spotted that first tooth, it was as new and exciting as landing on the moon for the first time. I guess it's just a silly mommy thing, but I love to talk about it. On the other hand, I am realizing that my little guy is growing up and soon won't be my cute and cuddly little baby any more. It came as a realization to me the other day that at some point...I'll embarrass him in front of his friends, he won't want me to hug and smooch him anymore, he'll find a new woman to love, and I'll be his old un-cool mother. But I guess I'm getting ahead of myself. I guess I'll just keep looking forward to watching this little person that I made, grow up and lead a life of his own. Meanwhile, I will treasure every moment and hope to be the best mommy he could ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Vivian Greene
"Success is not final, Failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Sir Winston Churchill