Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Because I Love Him

Here's an argument as old as time. Why on earth can't he shut his closet door, or dresser drawers, or put away his boots once he's done with them?





Or perhaps the question is, why does it bother me so? I mean, it's not like I am the fairy princess of tidiness. I guess it all depends on my mood on just how tidy I am. I've been in a tidy kind of mood lately though ever since I've taken on my 10-week challenge. Usually, if I'm being really good in one area of my life, I'm super good in the others too. Nevertheless, I do have a corner of junk on my side of the room at the moment. A leftover pile from all of our recent camping trips that I haven't quite gotten around to putting away. Okay, who am I kidding? I plan to leave it there until the next camping trip. What's the use in putting it away just to drag it back out? 

One little disclaimer about my picture below...it looks worse than it actually is, in my opinion. A big portion of the pile is the decorative pillows from our bed, and Jeff is the one who drug the stroller out of his truck to make room for our camping supplies. Okay, so yeah, it's a monstrous pile. I should do something about that...


So, I'm not exactly in the best place to complain about a door, or a drawer, or some boots. After all, he hasn't made one comment about my junk pile. Since I am digressing maybe its not the best time to bring up the fact that he also neglects to put his shirt and socks into the hamper when he goes to bed at night. His reason - what if he has to get up in the middle of the night and put them on? Am I being too harsh in thinking that this is faulty reasoning?

Finally, I digress.  The whole point is that little irritations like this are actually a great reminder of how lucky I am to have mybest friend alongside me everyday. Even if I have to straighten up behind him every now and again, I love my guy!

1 comment:

  1. As I read this post, I could really see my wife telling it....word for word. Except that she doesn't have a pile anywhere for herself. Thanks for letting me know that I really need to do better. Eventually.

    ReplyDelete

"Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Vivian Greene
"Success is not final, Failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Sir Winston Churchill