Monday, June 24, 2013

What It Is

I’ve spent some time thinking about my blog lately. I actually started by thinking of what I want it to be, but then I thought better of it. Instead, I decided that I would take stock in what my blog is. I’m afraid that there is no identity to my blog, which is actually perfectly fine. I want it to be true to who I am and what my journey is at the moment, which is why it is understandable for it to be all over the place at times. The trouble is that I find myself aimlessly reaching for something, but I’m not sure what.

So, here’s my assessment...

What is my targeted audience? Good question. Really, it’s just me. I actually struggle with this. I like to treat my blog as a diary of sorts, a place to catalog my thoughts and some of the meaningful or plain random things that happen in my life. So, as long as it’s there for me to revisit in the future, I’m happy to be the only reader. However, sometimes I find that my blog is lonely and I’d really like to know that at least one other person is reading it.

What is the nature of my blog? The way I see it, there are a few main categories of blogs that are for personal use (not business.) There’s the family blog, the fitness blog, the personal journey blog, the foodie blog, the personal travels blog, the fashion blog, and the list goes on. On any given day, I feel like my blog could fit into any of those categories. So the question is do I need to categorize it? Could I just let it be what it will be?

I think probably the less I analyze it, the more it will be what I want it to be – just a reflection of me.

1 comment:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Vivian Greene
"Success is not final, Failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Sir Winston Churchill