Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Bookmark!


In my last post I mentioned that I was questioning my blog and trying to take stock of what its purpose is. It has been a thought brewing in my mind and I have had some realizations since then.
In my very first post, An Ode to Missie, she left me a comment that I recently revisited and it means even more to me now. She said, " there will be times you write every day and then a few months might go by without anything, but the fact that you now have established a place-you'll always have somewhere, a bookmark for the past and future.”
So I’ve decided that’s what my blog is – a bookmark! I’ve been revisiting some of those bookmarks and reliving them through my words. I have to tell you, it’s kind of a special thing. It’s especially nice to revisit those posts where I talk about my son. It made me realize that I haven’t posted about him in a while. I also realized that a very common subject thread for me from the very beginning was about school. And then it dawned on me that a very big event in my life went by and I didn’t blog about it once. I graduated!
So, I’ve decided to revisit some of my favorite memories and events and talk about them while they are still semi-fresh in my mind, so that I will have a bookmark for them too. I even have a few blogs that I started and never finished. I’m thinking that I may resurrect them as well.
A little of this, a little of that, a sprinkling of now, a dash of then, some comments on my fitness aspirations, discussions about my professional aspirations, some rants, some opining, some standing on soap boxes, perhaps a little food talk, hopefully more pictures, and just a bookmark for what’s happening in my life.
There. It's settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Vivian Greene
"Success is not final, Failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Sir Winston Churchill